It’s no secret that HostMyBytes has grown considerably over the first few months of 2015. Growth is something that entrepreneurs strive for — it’s the first sign of success. Many companies, however, become victims of their own growth.
This is partially due to the cyclical nature of support issues. Most support issues come from mediocre (sometimes even poor) server management, and poor server management creates more support issues. At HostMyBytes, we understand the implicit relation between support and server management.
In the coming weeks, you will be finding a lot of changes at HostMyBytes. For one, we’re in the process of revamping our support staff with only level 3 administrators. That means that tickets will get faster resolutions (no “In Progress” replies) and will be actively investigated from the start.
We’ve begun running a two-tiered support system where tier I comprises our first-responders who can handle 90% of support issues. Tier II comprises our support leaders who handle complex issues, as well as issues relating to billing and sales.
To make that happen, we’ve brought on an entirely new support team. Meet some of our team leaders:
- Andrew Sudduth (@HMBAndrew) – Andrew handles Tier I, Tier II, and Live Chat, with a focus on customer service.
- Shiraz Gupta (@HMBShiraz) – I handle both Tier I and Tier II but focus on server administration tasks.
- Jonathan A. – Jonathan handles Tier I, Tier II, focusing on our quality assurance within support to ensure that each client receives the same fantastic experience
- Uttam G. – Uttam is a Server Analyst III and shift manager who works during the US business day.
- Alex S. – Alex is a Server Analyst III and the graveyard shift manager who usually works during the US late night & early morning hours